April 16, 2012

The Banger


I decided to share some of the flies I tied. Keep in my mind that I just started with tying somewhere mid January. I start with The Banger. I think this is my favourite fly so far.

Here is how I tie it:

1. 4/0 hooks
2. Start with some flash
3. Two feathers (shlappen or strung hackles)
4. Pencil think bucktail wrapped evenly around the hook shank
5. Another two feathers same type/size
6. Some more the same flash
7. Another piece of bucktail
8. Few peacock herl to darken the back of the fly
9. Marabou wrapped around the hook shank
10. Next step is wrapping EP sparkle brush, length of 5-6cm (I really love this stuff)
11. I finish with 9mm EP plastic eyes

The bucktail is holding the profile of the fly, the eyes are quite big and add some weight to the fly, so you can almost jig it. The marabou puffs out in the water, which makes a good trigger.




1 comment:

  1. Funny that I've been calling one of my flies in my Baltic pike fly web shop "The Banger" for a number of yrs now!

    ReplyDelete