April 8, 2012

Waiting for the right weather


With closed predator season I'm planning to explore carp fIy fishing. I tied myself few carp flies using EP fiber, limiting to one pattern that seems to be successful here in the Netherlands. The weather is not very encouraging, below 10 degrees during the day, windy and cloudy. This is kind of ruing my plan of sight fishing. I guess I'll have to wait for the real spring to come. I can tell you it is killing me to sit and wait for the good weather. Maybe just because there was a very short winter here and I got used to fish every weekend. The ice covered the canals for only two weeks. I'm following few blogs of guys fishing in Scandinavia, I can't imagine what they are going through :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Majk, i hope to see 15 kg + from You ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only when you show me where to cast the flies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this maybe guide You to find the hotspots. http://boustails.blogspot.com/2012/04/verdwijnende-antennes.html#more

    ReplyDelete